What you tell people at parties: I'm developing a system that is making the pub even more relaxed. What you tell your friends: Let's go to the bar, it's practically my new office!
You're a programmer with a thing for data, looking for a new challenge. We are TAPP, a scale-up on a mission: Improving the Dutch hospitality experience. Are you the one taking us to the next level?
With our knowledge of the hospitality industry we create valuable insights and analytics for the hospitality and its supply chain. Besides this our solutions help improve our partners' businesses.
In other words: we are in a unique position, doing things nobody has done before. This means we face new challenges on a daily basis. Especially because we're growing fast and are adding new bars every day.
As a data engineer you help develop the TAPP backend, ETL processes and machine learning systems. Examples of projects and challenges you might face.
- Development of new applications and insights that create value for TAPP and its partners (e.g. Dashboards to measure the effects of marketing campaigns, or machine learning models to categorise sales data)
- Building an IOT management platform that enables us to collect data from bars and restaurants all over the country.
- Developing high quality data pipelines that enable us to consistently deliver insights to our clients.
- Implementation of a columnar data store to help us deal with the ever increasing size of our data.
There will be plenty of room for your own ideas and vision.
- Event driven, and REST web services in Python and PHP, hosted on AWS
- MySQL databases and Elasticsearch for storage
- Continuous integration using Jenkins, Docker and Cloudformation.
- Python applications running on our own custom hardware to enable our universal Point of Sale connection.
- Tableau and Python (Pandas, Scikit learn, Numpy, Jupyter notebooks) for data analytics and dashboards.
- Apache Airflow to manage our data pipelines.
At a personal level we're looking for a colleague that shares our look on life:
- You're enthusiastic, curious and self-motivated.
- You enjoy working together to help stakeholders of our projects, whether they're thousands of app users, or a couple of internal API consumers.
- You have the guts to think 'outside the box' and come up with creative solutions.
- You have a passion for excellent results, not just clean code
- You're not afraid to find the boundaries of your knowledge, and find solutions to problems you have never seen before.
- You have been programming for as long you remember, and professionally for at least a couple of years.
- You have a master degree in an IT-related field, or equivalent level of critical thinking.
- You have strong knowledge of, and experience with multiple programming languages, preferably Python.
- You have experience working with large data sets and high performing systems (e.g. SQL and NoSQL databases, Apache airflow, Apache Spark).
- You have experience working with cloud technologies (Git, AWS, Continuous Integration etc. )
- Your English communication skills are excellent, both verbal and written.
- Inspiring work environment. Be challenged to deliver high quality results working as a team on a shared mission.
- Work with state-of-the-art technology and make a lasting impact from day one
- You're always the master of your own time-schedule.
- Office at the heart of the Dutch hospitality scene, located next to Amsterdam Central station.
- Fun and friendly, yet professional atmosphere. We have lunch together and organise various team activities. But this is nothing compared to our legendary team drinks, usually in one of the popular TAPP bars in Amsterdam
- Competitive salary
- Mac book (or whatever other type of laptop floats your boat)