TAPP is an app that allows people to have an even better time in bars and cafés. This is our core. But at the same time, TAPP is more, much more. Using our unique knowledge of the hospitality industry we can create valuable insights and analytics for the entire hospitality supply chain. And in addition, our solutions can help our partners to accelerate their businesses.
In other words: we are in a unique position, doing new things that nobody has done before. At the same time, this also means we are facing new challenges daily. Especially because we are growing quickly, and adding dozens of locations and hundreds of users every month. And that’s where you come in.
As a Back-End Developer, you will work on the TAPP back-end and insights solutions. Some of your projects and challenges will include:
* Development of new applications to provide value for our users and business partners (loyalty programs, referrals, dashboards etc.)
* Building an IOT fleet management platform for deployment and monitoring of cash register integrations (think differential Docker containers)
* Real-time risk analysis to minimize fraud opportunities
* Improving the existing web services while also taking care of security, scalability and maintainability
* Ingesting, transforming and analyzing large amounts of data to create pragmatic, actionable insights that help to accelerate the business of our partners
There will be plenty of opportunity and space to make your own vision and ideas count.
* Symfony web services (event driven) that communicate through RabbitMQ and REST api’s, hosted on AWS
* MySQL databases and Elasticsearch for storage
* Continuous integration using Jenkins and Ansible
* Python web services and Linux IOT clients to enable our universal Point of Sale connection
* Tableau and Python for data analytics and dashboards
On a personal level, we are looking for a colleague who shares our look on life
* Is enthusiastic, self-motivated and curious by nature
* Loves to work together on delivering value for your project’s stakeholders. No matter if they are thousands of app users, or a few internal api consumers
* Has the guts to think outside of the box and come up with creative solutions
* Has a passion for outstanding results, not just clean code
* Not afraid push the boundaries of your knowledge to figure out solutions to problems you never faced before
* You have been programming for as long as you can remember, preferably professionally for some time as well
* Master’s degree in an IT related field, or equivalent level of critical thinking
* Strong knowledge of, and experience with, one or more modern programming languages, preferably Python or PHP
* Solid understanding of software engineering design patterns and principles
* Hand on experience with cloud infrastructure technologies (Git, Continuous integration, AWS, monitoring etc.)
* Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
Be challenged to deliver high quality results working as a team on a shared mission. Work with state-of-the-art technology and make a lasting impact on a cool product from day one.
* You’re always the master of your own time-schedule.
* Office at the heart of the Dutch hospitality scene, located next to Amsterdam Central station.
Fun and friendly, yet professional. We have lunch together and organize various team activities. But this is nothing compared to our legendary team drinks, usually in one of the popular TAPP bars in Amsterdam